DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Wednesday 20 April 2011

The Makeup Store Holographic

If you've given up on ever finding the gems from the China Glaze OMG collection or are in the market for a GOSH holographic dupe then The Makeup Store in Westfield shopping mall, London stock some fantastic alternatives.

They're £11 for a 8ml bottle which is quite steep but if you're a holographic lover it's totally worth it. Yesterday I picked up Britta which is a pink linear holographic out of the 5 they had.

The holographic-ness is blinding (my photography not-so!) and even a coat of Seche Vite didn't really dull it. Application takes a bit of getting used to as it drags and balds if you use too much at once. I found if you do one quick stroke then leave it to dry before doing the others works best. I think I applied about 3 coats in total. There is a base that goes with these but I didn't get it so am unsure as to whether it would make application easier.

I had never heard of this brand before yesterday but I was informed it has been around for 15 years and originates from Sweden. I don't think these are available to buy online but you can place an order over the phone providing you spend over £30. I'll be saving my pennies to buy the others!
UPDATE: I found a GOSH fix base in my local Superdrug and tested to see if the application of this polish would be better and I have to say it is. The polish goes on smoothly, doesn't drag and there is minimal balding. So because of this I highly recommend using a base. I'm glad I put off buying the from The Makeup Store because the GOSH is so much cheaper (£4.99).

No comments:

Post a Comment